My husband wants to try for kids now but I don't! Please help!

My husband and I have been married for 31/2 years. I knew the whole time he wanted kids but I thought I was too young. Now we are 22 and he just got out of the navy and wants to start trying even though I would be comfortable trying for kids when we are 25. He says he cant wait until we're 25 and wants to either start trying now or get a divorce so he can find someone who will have kids with him. What should I do?!? I do want to have kids with him but just not yet.

charlotte0518

Asked by charlotte0518 at 9:43 AM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Stay on BC till you are ready, let him know that it's an option in the future but just not yet.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 9:54 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Threatening you with divorce is manipulative and cowardly.
    Sounds like he is a little kid throwing a temper tantrum.
    Why the rush? Why does he need kids NOW?
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 10:00 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• there seems to be a deeper issue. If he is only with you for kids now, are you ready to be there just for that.? You really need to explore these ideas as well as why he has to have them now. Good Luck
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 10:20 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• LOL Get a divorce and find someone else that will. By the time he will find another woman that will want kids with him, it will be a few years. Tell him you're not ready. That you don't want to resent your children.
    wilesmomma

Answer by wilesmomma at 10:36 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• You knew he wanted kids. Did you two discuss the "when" before getting married so you both knew you were on the same page? Maybe seeing things in the military helped him realize that life is short and he feels a sense of urgency to move forward in life. He's waited 3.5 years. That's pretty good, don't you think? I suggest talking with a counselor...
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 5:20 PM on Nov. 21, 2009