is anyone else raising 3 kids in a 3 bedroom? how do you double up the rooms?

ilovedogs1967

Asked by ilovedogs1967 at 9:49 AM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Home & Garden

• DD in 1 room, the boys in the other.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I had 4 kids in a 2 room - 3 girls in one, son in with us. We finally finished renovating the attic, so now it's 3 rooms - 2 older kids in one, 2 younger kids in one (yes, dd & ds together), and ours. Possibly someday dd will move up with her sisters - there's room but I don't know if I want all 3 of them together again. Hopefully we'll be able to sell this dump and buy something bigger before we have to worry about that!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Our 3 boys are in one room (well, will be, due any day!). Our daughter is in a room by herself, and we also use it as the guest room.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:25 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• We rotate them. Oldest gets a room to herself for 6 months, 2 younger share, then middle gets the room to herself for 6 months, then the youngest for 6 months. This way, each of them gets their room room to themselves for a while. Oh, they're all girls, 12, 10, 7.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• If I had boys and girls, I'd separate the kids. If they were all the same, they'd all share a bedroom and the other would be a play room.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 12:26 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• We have 4 kids in a 3 bedroom house. We have the 2 girls (2yrs. and 5yrs.) in one room with a bunkbed and the 2 boys (3 yrs. and 2 months) in another room with a toddler bed and a crib.
    _Momof3_

Answer by _Momof3_ at 12:31 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I lived like that when I was growing up. I had my own room and my 2 brothers had to share.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 2:20 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I would just put girl or girls in one room and boy or boys in another room. Parents get their own room. If you have all girls or all boys the oldest gets their own room and the two youngest share.
    Anonymous

• We've had it many times where all three of our girls were sharing a room. For bed situation I really do recommend looking on craigslist or someplace for a twin/full futon bunk. We would put a full mattress on the bottom, but even with a really nice futon mattress you can fold the bottom up and have more room in the bedroom, plus two children fit comfortably on the full-sized bottom and one on the top twin bed.

When they were really small we didn't do it this way, it was tricky so we had two twin beds and a crib in the room with changing table and one dresser, we had to make another room a playroom, as the baby grew out of the crib we had one queen bed for a little while for all the girls to share and then went to the bunk-bed idea... my girls are all very small bodied and are all one year a part so there was an easy progression.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 4:37 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I dont have 3 kids but I have two boys sharing a room i used the other room for a playroom i like the way that works out.
    82ndairbornewif

Answer by 82ndairbornewif at 7:30 PM on Nov. 21, 2009