in laws/brother in law.kinda long need some advice.

hello,
i have a big problem that is really stressing me out and i just dont know what to do anymore. me and my husband own a trailer/mobile home and we decided we were going to sell it. my hubands worhtless parents wanted to buy it but i put my foot down, well my hubbys brothers girlfriend asked if she could buy it. i told her to go look at the trailer before she bought i gave her the key. 2 weeks later i get a phone call from joey(hubbys brother) saying that they had been living there for that 2 weeks. without paying us. i told him you need to bring me 200 dollars and we agreed that he would pay 100 dollars a week until it was paid off. 1,500 is what i sold it for. well weeks went by with no rent. then joey left his girlfriend which joey has no income. more weeks went by with no money. joey moves there parents in about a month ago which they both have jobs. and still i have no money.
when me and my hubby ask them for......

Wytegirl

Asked by Wytegirl at 10:56 AM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• ...........money they go off on us and tell us well get it when we get it. we told them we were going to get a three day eviction notice. My hubbys father told him that if he evicted him that he would take my hubbys 1969 bucik skylark and sell it.(its in his name).

my husbands skylark is his baby.

this is really stressing me and my hubby out and its really taking a toll on our relationship.
    i really dislike his parents all they do is sit around and get high and drink all day.
    his parents have told me sreval time they hate me and that they want to kill me.
    im so tried of feeling like im the reason him parents are doing this. someone help me i really am stuck on this on.
    Wytegirl

Answer by Wytegirl at 11:00 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• You need to figure out some way to get that car into your husbands name. I know it isn't exactly 100% legal but a lot of times you can go to these small car lots and have a car switched over with out the other person being there. Do that. Think about it they aren't doing you right either. Then go get the eviction notice. If they don't get out, have the police get them out, and take them to court for rent of all the time they have been staying there free of charge. They are taking advantage of you and it is time for some pay back.
    If I were you I would cut all ties with these people. Sounds like they are real pieces of shit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I am sorry you have to deal with it at all, the dad sounds creepy enough to make good on his threat of selling the truck, so then not only would you be out the 1500, but the truck money as well. How about offering the trailer for signing over the truck to your DH, that way you will be rid of the trailer, I highly doubt they have taken care of it, and by the time you fix it all back up again to sell who knows how much you will be out. I would get this situation over and DISTANCE myself from these creeps! Sounds like you have a great head on your shoulders and also sounds like this is just a big thorn in your side, suck it up, let it go and be thankful you don't have to sponge off others and are teaching your kiddos not to follow in their crappy grandparents ways, good luck mommy!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:11 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Wow that's a pickle!!! 1st deep breaths, lots of em. 2nd I agree with kikigogo, swap the trailer for the car. When you do make sure you get the title registered in your name w/ DMV before you give them the title to the trailer. Also, put into a contract that you are swaping the trailer for the car & they release you from any liability concerning the trailer & release them from any liability from the car. GET IT NOTARIZED!!!! Make em get their drunk, lazy, worthless butts up and get it signed. This does a couple of things. In case something happens @ the trailer technically you are legally responsible cuz you're the owner. They can do something like fall down & sue you for it & then you're really gonna be up s#%& creek without a paddle. By them releasing liability of the car they can't try to come back for it later. If it does end up in court the notarized contract will win your case for you, otherwise (see below)
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 11:19 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• its just he said/she said. Now, after all that's done, pack the car & move far far away from these worthless soul suckers!!!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 11:20 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• so im not the only one these people are nutts. the acr is owrth 20 grand so my huband wont just do that.
    Wytegirl

Answer by Wytegirl at 12:44 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• car*is worth*
    Wytegirl

Answer by Wytegirl at 12:45 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• They are saying you swap the title for the trailer for the title for the car. You guys keep the car, they keep the trailer. I agree with everything kimigogo and Nyx7 have recommended.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:18 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• that has happend to me and huuby. we sold our trailor to his nepfew and ldidnt get paid very much,so we counted our losses and know not to help that one out anymore. well with my sister we bought a 4 thousond dollar blazer and sold it to her on payments for 25hundred and have only seen 600 of it so far and we sold it to her last year, she was suposed to pay 100 a month. i would say count ur loss get the title to the car and u dont talk to them people anymore, of course hubby has to there his family but i wouldnt have anything to do with em
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 3:03 PM on Nov. 21, 2009