Easy way to get rid of fleas?

We have been finding fleas in our house. What are some ways to get rid of them that don't involve expensive things from the vet or chemicals? None of our animals have them, so we don't need to treat them. We have small animals and a baby, so I really want to avoid as much potentially toxic stuff as I can.

preacherskid

Asked by preacherskid at 11:16 AM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Home & Garden

• if you have fles and you have animals (dog,cat ,ferrat ect) your animals have them. sorry but that is the way it works. other then that you have to use chemicals they mulitply hundreds PER DAY . good luck
    Anonymous

• You don't have to use pesticides. Your animals do have fleas if they are in your house. Coat your animals in baby oil and let sit for at least 10 minutes. This will smother the fleas. Wash with Dawn dish soap. Use a flea comb to remove any remaining fleas.

Cover your furniture & and carpeting with baby powder to suffocate the fleas. Vacuum all furniture & carpeting daily.

I use Advantage on my dogs once a month during the fall until the ground freezes. This keeps them flea free.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 11:11 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Borax and lots of it!! You can normally find it in the laundry isle. It's super safe. Lay it down where ever you have carpet and leave it for as long as you can possibly stand it! I would leave it under the couch/beds perm.
    Also capstars work wonders! Very cheap so you can get a few days worth to try to knock the fleas out!
    bgcmommy

Answer by bgcmommy at 12:22 AM on Dec. 27, 2009