My baby is 22 months old and she likes to take her clothes off and take her diaper off all the time. How can i get her to keep her clothes on.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• They all go through this Hon. It's how they learn that they can become independent. Just try to consistently tell her No and put her clothes back on her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Stop her? You can't, it's inevitable. Mine is 26 months old now, and still does it. However, now she is putting other clothes on. She'll change her panties 6 or 7 times a day, and that's with me stopping her. I'll go into her room in the morning, and she's no longer wearing her pajamas, instead she has on a day time outfit. I'm just waiting for her to grow out of it, cause let me tell you, that much laundry gets to be a pain! Good luck! ;)
    mrskrisher

Answer by mrskrisher at 12:55 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Well, if you can't get her to stop taking off her diaper you may want to show her how to use the potty! If she can do those things for herself, she may be ready to learn. My daughter trained at 19 months (I don't believe in waiting until they're three or can say "mommy, I'm a big girl and am going to use the potty -- we just got rid of the diapers and got her to the potty whenever she peed until she got the picture).
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:24 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I agree with EmilySusan. She's ready to potty. My daughter is 20 months old and she does the exact same thing your child does. She likes to take her diaper off and hold herself while she pees everywhere and yes of course she likes to be naked. So yeah she's ready to be a big girl now. YAAAYYY!!!
    luvelymommy

Answer by luvelymommy at 12:52 PM on Nov. 24, 2009