Would you let your 22 y/o guy friend bring his 13 y/o girlfriend to your house?

This guy I have been friends with for a long time called and wanted to know if he could bring his new gf over tonight.(A bunch of our friends are coming over to hang out) I wasn't aware he was dating anyone and I said sure but who is she? He says you know her. I said who. He said her name and I still didn't know who he was talking about untill he said your sister's friend. My sister is 12 y/o. I was like what? He is dating a 13 y/o girl. I didn't know what to say, so I just told him I had to something to call me back.
First thing I did was call this girl's parents. They knew about it and was fine with it. Glad she had made a new friend. I was like they are dating. And her dad said "ah,well she's to young to do it" I was like no she's not too young.
I was aggravated after I called them because they didn't care.
I really do not want that happening at my house. What should I do about it? I don't want anyone mad at me but I

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• (CONT.) Don't know what to do. What would you do? Say no and lose a friend or say yes and let a pedophile come to your house?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Sorry, no I wouldn't. 22 dating a 13 yr old is just...not right. I would not allow him to bring her to my house, under any circumstances.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:28 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• OH HELL NO! Your friend is an idiot for getting involved with a little girl. Her parents are idiots for thinking "she is too young to do it" and that it's OK for a 13 year old girl to have a 22 year old male "friend". I'm disgusted.

I personally would not let this guy come over with the "girl friend".
    SterlingLegend

Answer by SterlingLegend at 11:31 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Ask your friend if he realizes that dating a 13 yr old is not only wrong on so many moral levels but it's also illegal. Maybe he's not really "dating" her as much as befriending her which can lead to problems as well. Some young, immature men just think they are being a White Knight and saving kids from a bad/neglectful situation and it grows into something wrong. Help stop him from going to prison for a long time. Just talk with him. If he chooses to continue the relationship with her then I'd call cps. There has to be a reason at home that a child would want to be out with someone so old (like to protect her from something) and she'll think it's love. Help them both by getting them help.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:38 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I'd report it to the authorities. If you have a dd, would you really want this guy coming to your house when she turns thirteen? He doesn't sound like much of a loss. That's just wrong, I'm sorry. She's just a little girl, she doesn't know any better.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 11:40 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I am sorry, that is so illegal. Stand your ground and point out to him and the child that it is illegal what they are doing. If he does not end it call the cops and make sure they know that the parents knew about them dating... and 13 is not too young to have sex there are 12yr olds out there with kids of their own. Someone in this situation has to take control and do what is best for the kid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Statutory! If I were her mom! You need to tell her mom, somehow!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 11:44 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I am OP, her mom knows and is okay with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• NO,Way!!
    That is so wrong. You should tell him HOW wrong it is. You had better call the cops too!!! You really should.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• You,know,sometimes parents don't have the skills for one reason or another to protect their kids. My parents did not protect me.
    You should call,at least make the authorties aware of the situation. It's sick and wrong-you know that or you would not have posted this question. Do something about it. I am sorry that you made friends w/this guy but he has a problem. Do what is right!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Nov. 21, 2009