How can I move on if I know my ex isn't moving on and still wants to be with me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• Well if you want to be with him, go back with him. If you don't want to be with him, do what you want. He's an ex. No longer your obligation. You don't owe him anything. I know it may be easier said than done. If you aren't completely over him, but don't want to be with him, stay single for a while. Focus on yourself and do what makes you happy. Nobody will ensure your happiness but yourself. Good luck hon.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 11:31 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• You just do it. You can't worry about him. If you don't want to be with him, then you have to let go and let him be, regardless of what he ends up doing. I have an ex that is still hung up on me, but I don't worry about what he is or isn't doing, b/c I don't want to be with him and if I continue to worry about him, then I might as well be with him. I refuse to let him have that kind of power over my life. Cut off all contact with him (or at least limit it to only contact regarding the kids, if you have kids together), and just force yourself to stop wondering what he's doing. If you find yourself thinking about him, force your mind to other things. It'll take some time, but you can do it.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:32 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Easy, you do it and show him how it's done.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:39 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• if you don't want to be with him You move on and he can do his thing his way. You are responsible for YOUR life not his.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 1:04 PM on Nov. 21, 2009