why so many why?

my heart is broke again... i ask myself so many why? why this Event occurrence? how this Event occurrence? how can i do? school catch my 16 daughter smoked . should i change school..... is will help?....sad

shirley67

Asked by shirley67 at 11:30 AM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• You only change schools if she has bad friends and the school is not a good one.
    You need to tell her how you feel about her smoking and ask why would she? it tastes bad, smells, and it costs a lot. Just ask her how she feels when she smokes and ask her is it smart to do something that is hard to stop and also tell her that her life will be a smoke. Good time to talk about drugs too.
    Sorry but when young kids smoke they also will smoke dope.
    Just ask her, this is wrong so what should your punishment be? Make her punish herself.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:43 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• What happened,Shirley? It is hard to tell exactly from your post.
    I am sorry that your dd smoked:(
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 11:44 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• She's gonna smoke no matter where you move her to. And I agree with gammie.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• she tell me ,she will stop smoke,...but she need time.. and i just sad ...because my family nobody smoke...and i tell her about the reason no smoke...and when she young...we volunteer for stop smoke ...i just don't understand..why this happened ? sad. sad
    shirley67

Answer by shirley67 at 12:04 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Why? Because she wants to fit in with her peers. That right there is what you should really question; her so call friends. She is weak character wise and is easily influence. Beware of that. Perhaps have her talk to your family doctor so she can get an ear full of the dangers of smoking.
    Anonymous

• She is obviously a follower, not a leader so it won't matter what school she goes to. I have a son like that and he eventually started smoking pot. He's not a strong person and wants to be liked by everyone. Changing schools wouldn't have changed that.
    Anonymous

• Switching schools will do nothing. She is smoking and it will be very hard for her to quit, if she even does. Tell her that she can NOT smoke in your house and you will NOT give her money to spend on cigarettes.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:34 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Just cause a teen smokes doesn't mean they are weak of character and a follwer. I started smoking when I was 15. It wasn't because I wanted to be liked. I tried to hide it from my friends at school. I started cause my mom told me it was her stress relief and it worked for me too. Talk to her. Thing is changing schools ain't gonna help. Also just cause she's smoking cigs doesn't mean she's smoking weed. Most kids who smoke weed smoke cigs, but more then 50% of teen smokers don't do other drugs. So get your facts straight before you tell a mom her kids smoking dope. By the dope is meth on the streets not weed.
    Anonymous

• thank you anon 5:12....not all kids smoke because of other kids, and that doesnt mean they're going to end up being a dope fiend either....I started smoking weed at 15, but im 22 now and have never smoked a cigarette or any other drug in my life...i actually preferred smoking by myself...so just talk to her...an when u talk to her dont be judgemental because she will withdraw
    mzhazelrae313

Answer by mzhazelrae313 at 9:20 PM on Nov. 21, 2009