A question about "the unexplained" Would this change you?

I believe in spirits. I am curious about UFOs and aliens,that sort of stuff. I am not one of these quacks that believes that they do indeed exsist or anything. I mean I am a skeptic though I am open to the idea. Does that make sense?
Anyhoo,My dh and I had an experience that freeked me out and I wanted to ask how others would feel about this happening to them.
We were in a target store,it was right after my grandfather had passed away. We were walking up to a display w/women's pjs on it. They were all wrapped in satin ribbons. One of them levetated out into the middle of the isle and dropped into the middle of the walk-right infront of us! I grabbed dh's arm,I started giggling(nervously) and asked him if he saw that too???? He said cautiously,Um,YES! I said it's gotta be a joke. I walked over to the pjs and waved my hand over them. I looked around us. I wonder if this is canded camera? There was noone. (Continued-)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• (OP)-just wd away. I to this day wonder what it was. I told my family about it,no one really said anything. I want your oppinions. Was this someone playing a joke? Have YOU experienced something like this??
    Like I said in the begining of my post,I believe that our spirits live on,so maybe I was just a sucker for someone's silly joke? Whada ya think?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I think it's possible but the idea that it happened in Target is kind of strange to me. But I've seen enough weird things and heard enough unexplainable things that I do believe it could be possible lol.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 12:17 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• could have been just a lot on the rack and the pressure made the pjs fall to the ground, and it so happened to occur as you walked by...OR....it could have been a paranormal occurance! I've never experienced first hand, anything unexplainably falling in front of me, but I did see my grandpa as a full body apparition when I was 13! he passed away when I was about 1. I have also experienced a ghost flying through my body. one evening I woke up from sleep, felt something blowing in my right ear pretty hard, and my left ear made a tingly bubble sound. I looked up what happened online and nothing but supernatural websites appeared in the search engine!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:29 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I've seen THROUGH apparitions. Had 3 in my one home growing up, and could hear them talking on occasion.

Recently I had something happen here at home. My roommate and I were sitting at the kitchen table, both of us facing the kitchen window, but only I saw this:

On the counter was our coffee maker, against the backsplash. On top was a small bottle of vanilla I had placed there over a week before as at the time was making cookies and had left it on the flat part where you pour the water in the resevoir.

The bottle of vanilla lifted UP off of it, and floated over to the edge of the counter, just when I was pointing about to say something, my roommate and I both saw it fall to the ground.

How it did not bust open on the linoleum I do not know, but it was a pretty freaky thing to watch!

She has seen shadows in her bedroom on the wall walking across......I see shadows in the hall and a light flashes off and on too.
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 5:46 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• We do not have a hallway light in the hall, we took it out to replace the desk lamp. But we still get the flash of light, and still can't explain that either, same thing for the shadows.

Stores can be haunted too........the famous one is the old Toys-R-Us in California.
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 5:48 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• What you think you saw and what actually happened are two different things. Our eyes and brains are really good at distorting reality. You think it levitated but it did not. I don't doubt it fell off the shelf but there was no defying laws of physics involved. =)
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 5:48 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Well if I had to put money on it I'd say it just fell off the shelf....maybe at a weird angle.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 6:06 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• motherofireland,
    I would have believed in a heartbeat that I was having a halucination or a mental breakdown of some sort. However Honey,my dh saw the exact same thing. I just read him your post and he laughed and said that when things fall,they fall verticly. That is NOT what we saw.
    Farrahann,
    It did not just fall,as I stated above.
    Lillypond,
    I believe you. I know what we saw. I would also be willing to believe that it was canded camera-I did feel for a string overhead.I waved my hand over it.
    Anonymous

• No, not a hallucination. I know that you both saw it. It's just possible that your eyes were playing tricks on you, that's all. It's like when you look at a clock and you swear that you see it tick backwards or that it seems to take an extra second to tick forward. It's just how your eyes process information.
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 2:03 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• My DW is correct. We were just walking down the main aisle and this pair of satin pajamas wrapped in a ribbon, lifted up above the stack of other pajamas vertically then moved through the air horizontally and dropped into the main aisle in front of us. I looked for wires or strings but I couldn't find anything. I asked my wife, "Did you see that?" She hesitated and said, "Yes!...."
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 2:58 PM on Nov. 22, 2009