how can i make a simple indian vest/costume w/o sewing?

Need an indian costum for school. teacher said it could be made out of a paer bag

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I made my DS out of Brown sweat pants that I cut of below the knee and made fringe at the bottom, I used Hubbys old tan T-shirt and cut off the sleeves and cut up the front then fringed the bottom, today I am using fabric paint to "design" indian like markings on the vest, I found the brown sweats at Kmart for 5 dollars, IDK about the paper bag thing, doesn't sound like it would hold up--my kiddos is not a quiet one LOL, hope this was of help, I cannot sew either, and was hoping to find an Indian coustume leftover from Halloween, but others were thinking farther ahead I guess! I got lucky he is not on the pilgrim side--LOL, IDK how I would have rigged that! good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:48 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• http://www.ehow.com/how_4863382_paper-bag-vest.html

http://www.familycorner.com/family/kids/crafts/indian_headdress.shtml
    Anonymous

• If you go to a fabric store, ask about fabric that you can cut and wont unravel, like fleece? You can also buy a very sticky glue called "Ok to wash it."
    What about felt from the craft store? Might be to small.
    Do you have an old brown throw that you can cut up?
    Pillowcase?
    Old brown shirt that you can cut?
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 7:06 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Felt. You can buy brown felt by the yard at fabric stores like JoAnns. Then just cut it out of one solid piece. Or use a pattern and hot glue it together.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 3:07 PM on Nov. 23, 2009