space saver vac bags?

are these worth the $$? Do they work well to make the stuff smaller and easier to organize? I have several comforters I need to squish into a smaller space and was considering them, but would love a review or two?

Jezture

Asked by Jezture at 12:00 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I have tried these and was iffy about the results. I bought them to store some of my kids summer clothes and when i pulled them out 6 months later the bag was not vac sealed anymore. i dont know if i did something wrong but i honestly havent tried it again.
    krazy242003

Answer by krazy242003 at 3:24 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I've gotten space bags and another brand name that both claim to never re-inflate....guess what, they ALL re-inflate. Air always gets in and your flat storage saving bags become as fluffy as they were before you sucked the air out. A total WASTE of $$$$
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:57 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Don't waste your $$$$! I have them thought it would be a great way to store baby blankets and such and the bags loose suction very quickly! Better off with bins.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 8:47 PM on Nov. 25, 2009