Do you feel you and your spouse live more like roommate than a married couple?

gmkamm

Asked by gmkamm at 12:04 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• At one point Yes, now we're seperated and he lives in another state, real sad situation.
    Anonymous

• Sometimes...
    J.A.Mommy

Answer by J.A.Mommy at 12:07 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• last year I did. We went toooo long feeling that way. We were so disconnected from eachother and my husband got tired of it and decidded to call it quits. well we started going to counseling and working through things... actually making our marraige a priority (as it should be) and we worked through it and made a few agreements. Fior inmstance his sexual needs weren't being met so I made sure to make myself more available, and I needed more time with him and he agreed to make dates a priority. Also I agreed to talk to him each time something bothers me... something I have a hard time with sometimes. So, my suggestion is to come to him and say you feel this way and you want to take steps to work on your marriage. Also, I did the love dare (its a book) and each day and step I took we starting reconnecting more. I hope this helps :) but you need a hsuband, not a roomate :)
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:13 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Yes, I feel this way alot. I'm tired of being the one who wants to try and fix it. I'm going to see what he does now......Either acknowldge there is a problem and talk about it, leave, or contnue to ignore it and pretend it's normal.....................so far nothing!
    Eliza247

Answer by Eliza247 at 1:07 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• We went through a really hard patch last year. We were really nasty to one another, very distant, and just couldn't find that happiness we had at the beginning. We really faught it through though and really found something to hang onto. Now we're happy again and really enjoying each others times. We still have our moments, but in the broader picture we're back to being that crazy in love couple we were two years ago when we met.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:58 PM on Nov. 21, 2009