How do I cook eggplant?

I have a cold right now and am looking for a quick, easy way to cook this that will taste good.

RosePetalTears

Asked by RosePetalTears at 12:07 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Food & Drink

• This is not the most healthy way, but it's good. Slice the eggplant, put in egg and then breadcrumbs. Fry in a little oil. Lay out in a baking pan. Cover with tomato sauce and then mozz cheese. Bake. Eggplant parm.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:17 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I cubed some not long ago and quick fried them in olive oil then added stewed tomatoes. It was even better the next day cold.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:28 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Before you cook it make sure you salt it and let it sit a bit so you get the bitterness out
    vegepunkstr

Answer by vegepunkstr at 3:06 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• This is my favorite way to eat eggplant: EGGPLANT BHARTA

2 md Eggplants, halved
    1/2 c Finely chopped onion
    2 Green chilies, chopped
    1/4 ts Salt
    1/4 c Cilantro, chopped
    1 tb Ghee or butter
    1/2 ts olive oOil

Rub the ghee over the cut side of the eggplant. Roast until the skin is lightly burned. The eggplant should be completely soft & tender. Peel & mash the pulp with a potato masher. Mix well with onion, chilis, salt, cilantro & oil. Fry in a skillet with a little oil for 3 to 5 minutes. The mixture should be fairly dry. Serve alone or with Rice.

** I also add a little garam masala

Answer by rkoloms at 9:51 PM on Nov. 21, 2009