Spotting/period while on depo?

Okay I am not looking for any of your horror stories on the depo shot lol I have been on it for a while and I like it, that said has anyone randomly gotten a period? I have had small spotting randomly usually right after I get a shot, but now it feels like Im getting a regular period, Im not worried about getting pregnant just wondering...I did google it the answers were weird and Im not worried enough to go to the doctor just wondering if anyone else on the depo could share..? thanks momma's!

82ndairbornewif

Asked by 82ndairbornewif at 12:09 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Health

• I've been on depo for 10 years (long story, can't take anything else and I'll bleed to death without it) and I've never had spotting. But when my sister was on it she did have spotting. The doctor said it is normal for some women to have spotting. But he took her off depo bc she had been on it for 2 years. It can cause osteoperosis if you are on it for longer than 2 years. No horror story but I'd advise you to also get a bone mass measurement test done if you've been on it for longer than 2 years if you haven't already. I'm 25 and I already have the beginning stages of it because of being on the shot for so long.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 6:49 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I'm on the depo and random spotting is normal. I spot from time to time.
    AustinPsalm139

Answer by AustinPsalm139 at 1:35 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• normal
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 4:46 PM on Nov. 21, 2009