I have been looking for something to put around my Christmas Tree so my 8 month can't get to it. What have you all done?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i posted a similar question in some groups! last year my son was an infant during xmas time and the puny tree we had was ontop of the tv table. he wasnt interested in decorations and stuff anyways since he was so young. this year my son will be 20 m/o around xmas time and he is at a stage of touching EVERYTHING and climbing. we dont have the tv table option this year, but what i might do is borrow a round baby gate from my sil and surround the tree! if not that, I'll put it on the dining room table. also, you need to make sure the ornaments are out of reach!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:08 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• They make babygates that attach to eachother like in a string you can put that around it. look at toysrus to see what I am talking about. here is the link to the exact one: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2266978
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 1:16 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Is he walking or just crawling? Not likely he'll be able to do too much damage... and they're prickly... my little ones only tried a couple of times. We put some cloth and plastic ornaments without metal hooks on the lower part, too. It's the presents you may want to keep out of reach for awhile.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:20 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• We have to put our tree up on a chest...keeps them away from pulling it over
    ToberzMama

Answer by ToberzMama at 1:34 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• wehn my dd was 8 mts (07) the tree fell on her twice she kep trying to get the candycanes. she thaiught it was funny so after a while she kep tryong to knocked down on purpose. she is almost 3yrs now but ds is almost 9 mts lets see what happens
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:53 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• and to avoid what happened to piwife's daughter, you could/should tie the tree to the wall if you can! or make sure you dont overload the tree w/ ornaments making it heavy and more capable of tipping over!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:56 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Child gates now aren't just for doorways I found out. They have new ones that you can put extentions on, so you can make it as big as you want. They also have those circle gate playpen type deals that open up to circle a stair case entrance, or in your case a tree. You can get them at Babies R Us. That's where I saw them. Maybe at Meijer too.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:38 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I think it's called the Super Yard or something. I have to buy one for my son who is turning 1. They sell them at Lowes for $148. But I just saw them on sale at Babies R Us for like $69. Not sure if the sale is nationwide, but it ends 11/29. Check it out.
    Born2BAMommy5

Answer by Born2BAMommy5 at 11:28 PM on Nov. 21, 2009