Should I already feel this pain?

I am almost 31 weeks along and I am already starting to feel like my hips are beginning to spread. It hurts every time I stand up or squat down. At night, I get pain in my hips from sleeping on my side and it doesn't matter what I do, I can't make the pain go away.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there anything that I can do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That happened to me with both of my pregnancies. I don't think there's anything you can do, since it's not a strength or flexibility issue. Sleeping with a pillow between my legs and another one at my back for support helped a bit, as did sleeping on my back with a small pillow propped under one hip. Other than that...I just kinda dealt with it. It gets better after you have the baby, pretty much immediately. Something else to look forward to with the birth, anyway.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:11 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• see if you can't get into see a chiropractor. It helped me so much. I felt so much better with my second pregnancy than my first because of chiropractic care.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 2:05 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• When I was that far along with my daughter, I had to sleep with 2 pillows between my legs with one under my feet to prop my body more. It really helped, but husband hated being pushed to the edge of the bed..lol. I would recommend a body pillow (you can get one at Walmart for $8) That REALLY helped me towards the end of my pregnancy & after my c-section.
    piercedbeauty21

Answer by piercedbeauty21 at 2:36 PM on Nov. 21, 2009