Activities for a 3 year old

My sons teacher left some papers for me to fill out. I have to think of various things for ds to do when she comes here.

There is one theme each week. Here are the themes. Winter, snow, trees, Christmas.

He needs an activity for math, art, gross motor, fine motor and science.

I am not good at thinking up things. I do have some ideas though just looking for more help.

RaeLynn1221

Asked by RaeLynn1221 at 1:01 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• For math, you could make a dot to dot, from 1 to 10 or 20, making a snowflake or star. This teaches number recognition and following patterns. For gross motor, you could make a "snowball", take a small white bag and fill it with something light, or use a small white ball. Toss the :snowball back and forth, or do some "snow man bowling". Use old toilet paper rolls and decorate them as snowmen, using the "snowball" as the bowling ball. For fine motor, play Pick Up Sticks. Use straws or twigs, or anything small enough to require hand eye coordination. Tell your child to only pick up a certain colour or shape at a time. For science, you could go outside and collect leaves, then Google what they are, and discuss it in an age appropriate manner. O r just make a collage out of leaves. Hope this helps.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 2:05 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• PP is awesome. I would never have come up with that stuff. I might just do that here at home. Sounds like fun!!
    stretchswife

Answer by stretchswife at 10:48 AM on Nov. 23, 2009