Does anyone own a Kindle or Sony Reader?

My husband wants to buy one for me for Christmas but I'm hesitant because they are SO expensive. Do you have one? What is your opinion?

bootsky

Asked by bootsky at 2:16 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Technology

• A woman I work with has one and she LOVES it. She has the Kindle and I think they're about $300, but I saw the Sony version at WalMart for $199. One of my friends said she thinks her bf is getting her a Kindle for Christmas and she's been wanting one really bad and she is ALWAYS reading. A lot of the time she'll go to the bookstore and can't find the book she wants or she'll have to order it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I got the Kindle 1st generation last year for Christmas, and I do love it! You have access to thousands and thousands of books, and can download them in under a minute from anywhere on the Sprint network. Most new titles are just $9.99, and many older books have big discounts. If the copyright has expired, the books are usually dirt cheap. The Kindle has some really gorgeous screen savers, you can change the font size for easier reading, you can make notes and bookmark sections for future reference.

If you buy a lot of books/magazines from bookstores, you can save money in the long run. If you don't read much or use the library mostly, then no, it's not the best investment.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:29 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• nope
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 4:37 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• My opinion is that a book in the hand is better than anything else.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 6:25 PM on Nov. 14, 2010