3o weeks pregnant???

I am 30 weeks pregnant and 4 days, is there anything i should be doing to get prepared i mean i think for the most part i am all ready but i dont want to miss out on anything and if there is more i can do it would help so the time goes by faster. I went to the doctors yesterday and my doctor said my cervix was completely closed and thick and since this is my first child i will probably go the whole 40 weeks and not to be surprised if i go past 40 sooo i really need something to take the time away lol.

Casteel_chick

Asked by Casteel_chick at 2:40 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Get as much sleep as possible! Pamper the hell out of yourself, and I mean go all out! Mani/pedi, hair, massage, the works! If you haven't read Jenny McCarthy's Belly Laughs, I highly recommend it! It's a light-hearted, funny, and VERY detailed book about pregnancy and labor. I loved it! Keep track of your belly's size by taking pics for a scrapbook. (if you're into that) Eat chocolate. I read somewhere that chocolate makes happy babies. I am a natural choco-holic, and my baby smiled for the first time at two days old. People say it's gas until they see the picture. You can see it in her eyes that she's genuinely smiling lol. Read as many baby books as you can get your hands on. You can never know enough! Don't worry about having too many newborn sized clothes, as they grow out of them soooo quickly! That's pretty much all I can think of lol congratulations and best of luck to ya!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 2:55 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• sleep and read to prepare for the birth :) stuff like easing labor pain, birthing from within, ina may's guide to childbirth, also bfing stuff like womanly art of breastfeeding :)
    Anonymous