Is there a particular bible version you like?

I try to read the KJV but it gets so confusing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I like the NASB for myself, I usually tell people who aren't familiar with the Bible to go with NIV or something similar that uses vernacular language
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 2:57 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• i prefer to use the new world translation, but i also use kjv and american standard.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 2:59 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I always used the KJV growing up so it "sounds" like the Bible to me. But I do really like the NASB. That is what I currently own. The church we have been going to uses the ESV and I really like it too. I may have to buy one of them.
    Anonymous

• i use new american standard bible (nasb) but also New Living Translation (not the same as New world translation - which is the JW bible), rarely use KJV anymore... grew up on it and then changed to NKJV. NASB is one of the more accurate translations. I also use the amplified.

If you're trying to find a bible you like I would suggest going to biblegateway.com where you can read different versions/translations online for free. Just type in a passage and choose the translation you like.
    Anonymous

• The New World Translation, The Good News Bible and New Jerusalem Bible.
    CosyMama

Answer by CosyMama at 3:21 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I read the KJV and if I have any questions, I will look that passage up at the Biblegateway.com or ask my Pastor about it.
    Anonymous

• I don't particularly like KJV or NKJV. I like NIV, New American Standard, and the NLT

Amlimommy

Answer by Amlimommy at 4:01 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I have the devotional bible with max lucado. For studying prophecy and things like that you really need a kjv, but other than that you just need to find what speaks to your soul.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:55 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• 1. NASB
    2.NLT
    3. THE MESSAGE
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:55 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• O.K. first some background many, many people don't get. There are two classes of Bibles, translations and paraphrases. A translation goes back to the original languages. A paraphrase only goes back to an earlier version. So a paraphrase maybe less accurate than a translation.

So I use NIV which is a translation, it is written at about a 9th grade reading level, compaired to King James which is a 12th grade level.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 5:05 PM on Nov. 21, 2009