What happens if you run a EZtag in TX?

I ran like 5. The 1st time it was raining and by time I realized it was eztag it was too late. The 2nd time actually my husband did it bc he forgot my car doesn't have one. Then today I got on a ramp that was eztag only bc I was following my gps and not reading signs and I went through like 3 before I could get off.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't even know what an EZtag is! ...What is it?
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 3:04 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• OP- it's tag that has prepaid money on it for the toll booths so you don't have to wait in line.
    Anonymous

• I did it 3 times in Oklahoma, and nothing happened, it was an accident, and I had out of state tags, but trust me if they want to do anything they will send you a letter in the mail with your ticket, got one from Kansas LOL-$25 fine there, maybe google it and see what happens in Texas, good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:30 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• They have cameras and you get a ticket, in Houston. I remember people complaining they HAD an EZ tag, the camera didn't catch it, and got a ticket anyway!!!!
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 3:34 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Not sure about the EZtag, but with the TXtag tollbooths they send you a bill for the toll. Pay by mail is a little more expensive than just paying the toll, but if you pay the bill immediately you don't get a fine. If you let the bill go, then you get fined.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 4:07 PM on Nov. 21, 2009