Fussy and constipated

Ok, my daughter is 2 months old, born one month premature. She is VERY fussy and gassy, tried the mylicon drops, but i think they are making her constipated, also tried the gripe water with little success. Also has a problem with burping, it's hard to get her to. Any help would be appreciated ladies, I hate seeing her in pain.

Candice369

Asked by Candice369 at 3:21 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She's constipated as well, and on good start soy formula.
    Candice369

Answer by Candice369 at 3:22 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• To clarify please:
    Is she straining and acting like it hurts to poop and is the poop hard and pellet like or is she just not pooping a lot?
    Is that the formula she has always been on or did you switch?
    You might try warm baths and those gas exercises you do for babies where you move their legs like they are riding a bike. If you switched formulas that could cause it, if you haven't switched you may want to try a different one. Have you talked to her pediatrician about her problems?
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 3:51 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Unfortunately formula often causes such pains in an infant.  Have you considered relactating to help relieve her pain?

Anonymous

• I had a friend who had the same problem with her daughter. Her daughter actually developed intestinal problems and acid reflux from the formulas my friend was giving her. She went to a doctor and they told her to start re lactating. Some babies just cannot take the formula for some reason. If she's having a lot of pain, I would consult her doctor and ask them if they think maybe putting her on the breast would help. It's a hard road to take, but for my friend it was worth it, because her baby ended up free of pain, and that's what it's all about, right? :]

Good luck with your baby girl!
    Shadow_Dancer

Answer by Shadow_Dancer at 5:27 PM on Nov. 21, 2009