1st birthday theme??

Ok so here's the deal my dd will be 1 in April ( I know you're thinking why plan so far ahead, well I worry about things that will happen 3 years from now...lol), and she is our only child so far and the first grand-child on both sides! So far we don't know of a good theme and I'm open to any suggestions/ideas!

niki_bullock

Asked by niki_bullock at 3:43 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i didnt have much of a "theme", but my son loved Thomas and Friends (still does hahaha) so I found a Thomas the train birthday banner and had walmart custom make a thomas and friends bday cake...and that was it for the "theme" ! everything else was a solid color.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:48 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Lol my DD will be one in May and I already have the theme picked out. Mad Hatter's Tea Party :)
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 3:50 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• For our first DD we did a ladybug theme and for our 2nd DD we did a butterfly theme. GL
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 3:50 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• mickey mouse

he's fun and universal in case you have other kids coming over. there are lots of variety in color, and who doesn't love mickey?

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 3:52 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I did Sesame Street just because it's the only show my son "likes" lol
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 4:09 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Thx all you really helped I will discuss these ideas with my dh! (oh and sugahmamma I was thinking mickey mouse but I didnt know if it could be universal but I see it can...thx)
    niki_bullock

Answer by niki_bullock at 5:33 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• For My DD 1st birthday we did a cupcake theme. I found really cute invites shaped like cupcakes online. And I made cupcakes instead of doing a cake , and the have those really cool cupcake holders too. ( made by WILTON , google it ) I made great big colorful cupcakes out of poster board to hang on the walls and even found cupcake balloons. It was really cool !!!! She loved it .
    sarbreen28

Answer by sarbreen28 at 6:15 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• My DD's 1st birthday is next month and we're doing Abby Kaddaby from Sesame Street. DD loves her and Abby is sooo stinkin' cute!
    sadiesmom87

Answer by sadiesmom87 at 11:17 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• My son's 1st birthday is Dec 4th and we are doing a Backyardigan theme. That show was the only thing that would calm him down when he was teething hard core and he still loves it. The kid even laughs at the little jokes like he knows what they are saying! And it's really easy cause I'm only getting a few actual Backyardigan things and the rest I'm just buying things that are the same colors as the characters...it's a lot cheaper. And with Christmas coming so soon, we could save all the money we can.

What is your child into? Favorite shows? You could always do just a general "Baby's 1st Birthday" theme. Check your local party store for ideas.

Good luck!
    Born2BAMommy5

Answer by Born2BAMommy5 at 11:22 PM on Nov. 21, 2009