is this ok?

My son just turned1 a couple days ago. And yesterday was his first day to not use a bottle not even once. He used his sippy cup for milk all day and didn't even want a bottle for bed. Today he has been using his sippy and not even worried about the bottles. So since the other day I haven't offered him a bottle he does get his milk in a sippy cup and juice and water like usual. I was just wondering I'd I should offer him his bottle back or just keep giving him his milk in a sippy. When do babies usually give up the bottle? Thanks mammas in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• its fine.its act6ually really good he doesnt need the bottle. now you don thave to go through a bunch of crap to wean him off it
    Anonymous

• Sounds like you and your lil one are doing a good job!
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 4:18 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I would actually go put the bottles away where he won't see them and keep up the good work!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 4:20 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• If he doesn't seem to need the bottle it is fine to give it up at 12 months. After 12 months children no longer need cow's milk. Cow's milk is for baby cows:)

After a year children should only have at most 2 servings of milk products. They don't have to have any. There are so many foods that toddlers like that are milk products - cheese, yogurt, ice cream, milk on or mixed in cereal, pizza, ect. It is easy for toddlers to eat too much milk and have problems because of it including being overweight. Children should drink water. There are many other reasons milk is a problem.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:21 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Lucky you, throw them out LOL! It was a HUGE struggle at my house to do this, so count your blessings momma!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 4:22 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• You give him the bottle back and he'll start wanting it again...I took the bottle away from my daughter when she turned one as well...she did great. good for you!
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 4:24 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Gailll....take your baby cows and go away.

OP...your kid just gave up the bottle on his own and you want to give it back???? NNNNNOOOOO!!! He gave it up, he hasn't needed it since he started drinking from a sippy cup!!!!! Hell, mine were off the bottle at 6 months! They don't NEED the bottle if they can drink from a sippy, especially when they're toddlers!
    Anonymous

• That's great that he naturally doesn't want the bottle. Don't give him the bottle back, because you are risking him regressing. If he naturally gave it up, then you are worry free. He seems to be doing well with the sippy, so keep giving that to him. I'd go ahead and toss out (or give away) the bottles, so if he does ask you won't be tempted to give him one.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:17 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• its awesome that your LO is already weaned off the bottle. That is great! You're doing everything right! (you're the mother afterall, you know whats best)
    and to anon :13 gailll has a right to an opinion, she can give advice if she wants.... so you stop acting like a cow.
    Anonymous

• at 1 is when you should take the bottle away. so since he isn't asking for it, get rid of them now!
    mommy2xp

Answer by mommy2xp at 9:03 PM on Nov. 21, 2009