having pain between my legs

im 28 weeks and i have been having a sharp pain in my pelvic area, sometimes it hurts too much to even try to move..it use to happen just when i tried to switch sides while laying in bed.. but now im experiencing it while just sitting or even standing.. anyone have this or know what this could be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i have had it since i've been 6 months....well it went away when i got almost 9 months...i dont think there's anything you can do about it. My doctor just said it's part of the transition your body is going through preparing for the baby. Now instead of pain, I have sore muscles everywhere. It even hurts to stand up and get out of bed!
    mzhazelrae313

Answer by mzhazelrae313 at 6:24 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I agree with mzhazelrae313, but some times, depending of how much pain you are in, it could also indicate a UTI. So, I would go to the doctor and see if that could be it, too, just to be safe.

Desirae17

Answer by Desirae17 at 6:31 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• it could be ligament pains... i had the same type of feeling a few weeks ago.. the doc told me its my body streaching,, he called it round ligament pains.. there is nothing you can reall do for it, which sucks i know!!! talk to your doctor about it or you can even call the hospital and talk to the people in the birthing center... but make sure you ask for birthing center cause the er nurses wont tell you nothing..
    good luck!
    jannaboo

Answer by jannaboo at 1:58 AM on Nov. 22, 2009