I have seen ppl write on here that Similac is better than Parents Choice, and vice versa. I was feeding my son Similac and the Pediatrician told me that she recomends PC over Similac. So now I don't know which one is better for my son. Please Help me.

Asked by HuntersMom4908 at 9:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There are very strict standards when it comes to formula. The name brands and the store brands are the same quality. The only difference is the price.

Answer by lovinmystar at 9:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I agree. I used parents choice. My Dr told me the same thing

• i use parents choice organic formula and walmart stop selling it here and in the surrounding areas. my baby boy does really really good on parents choice. I have tried similac organic and he threw up everytime he drank it. if you look at the back of the label there are differnt ingrediants. i personally think that the stuff they put in parents choice is better. because walmart stopped selling i had to order earths best which is very similar in ingrediants. SO i would say parents choice is cheaper .... and better. But make walmart is famous for carring stuff and then stopping and we have tried all we can to get them to just order us some... and they have plainly not even tried!

Answer by LauraLeeTo at 11:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I breastfeed and supplement with Similac Isomil Advanced Soy formula. My little girl never spits up and is a very happy baby. Not sure about the other stuff. Never tried it.

Answer by mrstremblay at 11:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• The one your son likes best is better for your son.

Every baby is so different, a doctor cannot possibly say one is better than the other for YOUR son.

Answer by newmommyy322 at 12:23 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• PC is exactly the same as Enfamil. Check the ingredients. Which ever one your son does the best with is the one you feed him.

Answer by momoflilangel at 1:22 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• As for the health of your baby, they're all the same. The only difference is how much you want to pay. If you would like to make sure yourself, just look on the lable and see what's in each.

Answer by lynenedubbels at 2:34 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• all babies are different and some formulas work better on some babies even with the same ingredients, my daughter was on Similac, one of my friends started her daughter on Similac then changed to a store brand that has the exact amts and ingredients as similac, i think it was Target brand and she had alot of problems with it and baby was fine when she went back onto the Similac, so some babies are more sensitive than others

Answer by Princess_s21 at 11:46 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I am a Pediatrician, and a mom.... I have heard and seen everything all formula companies have put in front of me.... ALL MOMS PLEASE KNOW: NOT ALL FORMULAS ARE THE SAME!  Similac is the ONLY formula with no Palm Olein Oil.  (Similac has 50% greaster calcium absorption over Enfamil in clinical studies).  Not to mention the constipation associated with other brands over Similac (due to the fat blend).  If a mom comes to me & says her baby is constipated, I can bet that baby is not on Similac.  Similac also has several ingredients that Breast Milk has in it, that no other formula company has that support immune system development.  If you don't believe me, do your research on each formula companies websites.  I also don't recommend store brands because they are not researched in relation to the "gold standard"... a breast fed baby.