How do you get your point across with your husband??

I feel like i have a vaild complaint and he always comes up with and excuse and a way to turn it around on me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• I yell. and get mad. that's pretty much the only time i get something through to him. He used to try to turn stuff around on me but i just kept fighting with him so he stopped doing that.
    Anonymous

• ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ worked for me, too :)
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 5:13 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Wow this could not have come at a better time . My husband is the freaking king at this game. I yell and scream and it gets me no where. I am to the point where I cannot take it any more . I am going to just go bat shit crazy on his ass next time he does it .
    sarbreen28

Answer by sarbreen28 at 6:05 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• the above or silent/distant treatment but at the wnd of the day most times he'll sucker up to me and thats when i go over it again, usually sinks in then
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 6:06 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I don't know but I have noticed in my relationship its because I want things to be smooth and hate to be upset. His defense is to get mad at me when I get mad at him, and so that makes me sick to my stomach bevcause I hate to have anyone mad at me. ITs a vicious cycle, if you can follow that!

I have also pointed out to my DH that his excuses are reasons something didn't get done. While my reasons are always excuses to him.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 6:13 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• with men, actions speak louder than words!!! dont scream and yell , men think of us as crazy bitc&*& when we do that. just take away something he enjoys from you..and explain why youre doing it. when you yell they ust ignore it, when you dont make him dinner or have sex with them , then youre getting to them deeper. works for me, theres no point in yelling!
    kassynkayla

Answer by kassynkayla at 9:55 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Call him out when he turns it around. Stick to the subject and don't let him flip it. Let him know that you're trying to resolve something that genuinely bothers you and he needs to be an adult and help resolve the situation. If he continues to get defensive and turn it around on you, then tell him when he feels he can talk the real issue through let you know. Then walk away. Sometimes it takes a brick and a hammer to get through the thick skull of a husband/SO. If it is something that he is doing wrong don't go at it with blame, blame, blame. If you constantly attack him with "You do this, you do that, you don't do this" he'll turn his ears off and instantly get defensive. Try and see things from his side and then approach the subject. "Hey hunny, I was thinking..." and try to put the solution out there first, instead of jumping right into the problem.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:42 PM on Nov. 22, 2009