Breast feeding and tattoo's?

I have 8 shooting stars on each breast tattooed in june of 2008 its been over a year but i am still a little worried because last time i went to see my doctor she kinda flipped out because i had the tats and grilled me about when did i get them and were they done professionally...should i be worried about breast feeding this new baby with tattoo's? honestly i dont think i have anything to worry about because i have had them for over a year but i just wondered is this something i should talk to my doctor about because she didnt really explain anything to me.

nattysmommie

Asked by nattysmommie at 5:10 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Some people get inked while they are pregnant and then the doc wants them to run through HIV and Hep C tests. Tattoo ink goes through the skin layers but not into your milk ducts. You are fine. Your doc should be nicer to you and helpful. You don't pay her to be judgmental.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:15 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• You shouldn't have a problem. If they are tattoos you have had for a while they aren't going to effect anything

trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 5:23 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• You are fine. Keep in mind that you pay her and that she doesn't get to judge you like the PP said. Plenty of people have tattoos. I understand her asking if you had them done professionally, but she should not have freaked.
    Anonymous

• My bff has a ton of tattoos and she's been breastfeeding for over 2 yrs with no problems.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 6:17 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• yeah I got 4 tattoos.. tattoos have nothing to do with breastfeeding she should have already checked you for those things so you should be more then fine, honestly I would have told her to stop judging me...
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 6:27 PM on Nov. 21, 2009