Son of God, Son of Man...But isn't that kind of Gay?

I mean considering the bible being figurative all, I just thought that its strange how Jesus never is mentioned to have a familyof his own(children), or even a lover. (Im talking about the bible today)

And there is also all male entities; the father, the son, and the holy ghost (by which is unidentifiable). Even the Holy Ghost is split (holy ghost/holy spirit) and those too are unidentifiable.

Then add to the fact that Jesus was born to a (step) father that didn't even touch Mary.

Can you interpret how being gay is wrong? Because the bible says so?

But I thought Jesus knew every sin? We interpret "knew" as "expierenced" and "understood" How could it be wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Jesus was thus the product of god and man (masculine entities)

I "believe" Son of Man was meant of Son of Mankind... Kind of like God is the Father of Mankind and Jesus is the son of Mankind.

And yes..." some" Christians believe being gay is a sin, but all. Not all Christian faiths even believe being gay is a sin. I believe that you are born gay, but EVEN if it were a choice- God gave us the gift of free will.... if you are not hurting others by your free will, you are not going to hell. I do not believe being gay hurts anyone... it may bother them, it may gross them out, it may anger them- but I believe in God's eyes it is not hurting them... therefore- No hell! JMO!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 6:09 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Oops it's me...

anon poster

I hit the wrong button!
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 5:14 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Son of god means god was Jesus' 'father' and son of man means Jesus was son of human, his mother Mary.

Joseph did become Mary's husband in all ways after Jesus was born and Mary had children with Joseph. There was just a short time between when Mary and Joseph 'married' and when Jesus was born. She was way pregnant.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:19 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• confused

how long did it take you to talk that circle?

Anonymous

• Not following the reasoning at all.... God is Gay because he had a son? Jesus is gay because he spent his life teaching-knew he was going to die young and yet did not have a wife... Joseph is gay because he did not have sex with Mary before she had Jesus and Mary is Gay because she was married to a man, but did not have sex with him before she had Jesus. I do not see the Gay in this? I also do not believe being Gay is a sin...but I do not see the logic in this argument.
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 5:21 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• HaHa,

I dont know what that means but that's funny,lol!!!!
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 5:23 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I saw on Discovery Channel how it may be possible for there to be virgin birth and for it to happen very very rarely. The ovum just develops on its own without a sperm. The baby would be a clone of its mother but for some hormonal reason the baby could seem to be male. The mother would have too much testosterone at the time the gonads were forming so the baby would seem male even though it would be female since it was a clone of the mother.

It seemed like a far out theory. I don't remember if they had found any children that they had proven this was true.

They were talking about all this along with Jesus stories. Of course this wouldn't fit with the God being the father part of the story. If Jesus had been Mary's clone he would not have been able to father children because he would have been female. If it were to be proven Jesus was Mary's clone and female that would cause a lot of problems for the church.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:28 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I didnt say BECAUSE he had a son, I did not say because Mary was married to a man, I also did not say anything about Jesus having to make a decision of relationship status base on the fact that he would die young.

What are you talking about???

This isnt an argument. Its a serious question for a gay friend of mine. Instead of making a debate with out logical explination, just answer the question. Stand up for what you believe in and let me know!

That's what Jesus would do. My friend is accepting the fact that she is going to hell because she cannot change who she is!
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 5:30 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I love you Gailll, I really do!

That is interesting, Im going to look that up.

Thanx for answering!
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 5:33 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• sorry sugah but the entire arugumen/question/wording is not logical.

to answer the question son of God / son of man being gay no it isn't.

Anonymous