my daughter has a temp.....

last night i noticed my duaghter was a lil warm,and then again today...so i took her tempature and it was 101.3 is that ok or is it time to really worry? i gave her tylenol and a bath and she was ok. i jus dont know why my parents werent too concerned when im like worried...is it jus cuz im her mommy or should i worry? she doesnt have a rash. her nose was a lil runny yesterday but ok today....so....any suggestions?

kuuipo317

Asked by kuuipo317 at 6:04 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• 101.3 isn't a high fever and if Tylenol is working that she's fine. Is she having other symptoms? Just keep an eye on things.

http://kidshealth.org/parent/general/body/fever.html

Anonymous

• That's not even worthy of Tylenol, to be honest. We were told not to worry about Tylenol unless it hit 102. It's fine to give it, don't get me wrong but it's not needed.

If the Tylenol is bringing it down (a degree or two...don't expect it to lower the temp to "normal") it's fine.

It's low grade. Just keep an eye on her. You're going to worry, but you don't need to.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't worry, that's a pretty low grade fever. Keep her hydrated and make sure she gets plenty of rest. Vitamin C is a good idea as well. I would not even give her any meds such as motrin or tylenol....if she can't sleep, then maybe some motrin to help her get some rest, but I wouldn't give it to her if she is acting like herself.
    Anonymous