non religious help for regretting an abortion?

Is there a place where a woman can go (that doesn't preach religion) to find help after an abortion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• therapy

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 6:36 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• You'll have better luck in the pregnancy section but on this sight no. Moms on here have a tendance to push their religious and moral veiws on this site. Hell most are down right nasty at times.
    jrsjrb

Answer by jrsjrb at 6:37 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Message me if you really need to talk. I've been there before.
    jrsjrb

• Contact a therapist ....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 6:38 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• You might find counseling helpful. Lots of places do it on a sliding scale based on your income. You won't be judged about the "right" or "wrong" of your choice. They can help talk you through how your feeling and how to feel better.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:40 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• are you guys serious? There is no support group that isn't religious?

just for the record support groups are a form of therapy?

I have not had an abortion. In my line of work I have come across a few who want to join a support group that isn't tied to religion.
    Anonymous

• you could contact your local 'unitedway', or 'planned parenthood' office for references.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 7:15 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I was going to say contact Planned Parenthood as well. Or, look for a therapist that does grief counseling- or any therapist for that matter.  They should know who to refer you to if they aren't able to do the counseling themselves. Also talk to other's who have been there - they are sure to understand EXACTLY what you are going thru and can offer support that another might not.

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 7:27 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Well, since you seem to work with ladies who have been through this, maybe you could start one. Run it yourself for a while until/unless you find someone who has more "qualifications" to run it.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 7:48 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Maybe planned parenthood has a program, but if not there is therapy that is none religiouse :)
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 8:59 PM on Nov. 21, 2009