Cracked rib?

2 weeks ago I went to the doctor b/c I had a horrible cough. It was dry and hacking and was not productive and it got so bad I was having a hard time catching my breath b/c of coughing fits. My doctor said I had bronchitis and put me on the Z pack which is 5 days worth of antibiotics and cough syrup with codine. I felt better while on the meds but after the 5 days worth was gone I started coughing again and haven't stopped since. It is a productive cough now. I started to get a sore feeling on my left side right under my breast. It only hurt when I took a deep breath. Yesterday I leaned over on the couch to pick up a toy for my son and got a sharp stabbing pain in that same spot. Now it hurts if I breathe at all and if I cough it is unbearable. If I turn my body to one side or the other it hurts and if I lift my arm it hurts. Could this be a cracked rib? Muscle pulled or strained? Anyone else ever have this before?

amyrw

Asked by amyrw at 6:57 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Health

• it sounds like a pulled muscle i have a bad cold and i cough alot but yes you could of pulled a muscle if it keeps up i would get it checked out
    Anonymous

• yes you probably strained a muscle. I got the same problem from vomitting during the begining of my pregnancy. I know groos but true. you can try some tylenol or aspirin to see if it helps.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 7:19 PM on Nov. 21, 2009