Do you think it's possible to love your spouse and still cheat on them?

I'm not asking to create drama, I really want to hear what you all think about this. I've heard people say that just because someone cheats on their spouse, it doesn't mean they don't love them. I don't understand how you can love the person you married, yet turn around and cheat on them..it just seems so contradictive. But that's just my opinion..now let's hear yours!

ajtherad

Asked by ajtherad at 7:01 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• They may still love you, but they love themselves more.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 12:30 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I think it depends on the person cheating. I know my dad cheated on my mom once soon after they were married (33 yrs ago!), and he is so in love with her and so up her butt it's actually kind of sickening. lol But my ex used to cheat on me all over, and no one will ever convince me that he loved me. I truly think it depends on the situation, just like some relationships can survive cheating and some can't.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:03 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• well umm i think it dpends on ur situiation
    Anonymous

• No I dont
    If you love someone then you wouldnt cheat
    Anonymous

• Yes I think so.
    Anonymous

• Well, sometimes people make mistakes. So, yes, I think someone can cheat on the person they love . . . ONCE. If you cheat more than once, well it's no longer a mistake, it's a conscience decision. . . . . before anyone talks smack, I have never cheated on my husband nor has he cheated on me.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:06 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• tropical and Anon :03 - examples of situations, please?
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 7:07 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• No, I don't. And I think, if you cheat it shows that you don't love or respect yourself. Cheating is one of the worst things you can do to hurt someone.
    Anonymous

• Very good point, Bridget..and very true for many people, I'm sure!
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 7:08 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I know sometimes an affair can fix a marriage. When the affair happened because something essential for a good marriage was missing. But I think that's rare. I can happen, that someone cheats on someone they love. But, are they IN love with them? Maybe not. Maybe they fall in love with them AFTER they cheat, and realized that the one they cheated on is who they fall in love with.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:09 PM on Nov. 21, 2009