did anyone elses infant have this?

I just had a baby born 11/12
well my mom just freaked me out

on the back upper part of his head there is what feels like a pertruding vein, its really soft but kind of squishy. I dont mess with it ever I just noticed it a while ago and my mom is saying that its weird.

im starting to worry now so can anyone who has had this on their babies please tell me and what the outcome was...also if anyone has any knowledge on that as well.

I already called the nurses hotline but they are going to have the doctor call me on Monday.

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 7:11 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my daughter used to have one on the front of her forehead.. very faint though you could barley see it unless you looked for it.. if it doesn't hurt the baby then its fine.. their heads are just growing and moving around so much right now... and its trying to get back into the same shape it was before birth i wouldn't worry to much but just check with the advice line nurse people in case.. don't let your mom freak you out lol
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 11:43 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Have you googled it? I have never seen anything like this EVER. I would go to webmd.com and see if you can find anything on there.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 7:59 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• my mom tried to tell me my daughter had colic just because when we visited her she had a crying spell.. moms don't know everything ;)
    Jan0609momma