Diaper Bag for twins

I'm expecting twin boys and was wondering what I should be carrying around in my diaper bag and if there are recommendations for the type of diaper bag? I have one now, but it's really small and only has a pocket to hold 1 bottle. Is there really much of a difference between a diaper bag and a normal backpack/bookbag?

Mom2twins2010

Asked by Mom2twins2010 at 7:38 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you breastfeed all you really need is to throw a couple of diapers in your purse. In your car you can keep some extra things but you don't need to carry them around with you.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:47 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I have a baby that spits up a ton so I have a big diaper bag. It holds a lot. A couple of changes of clothes, diapers, about 6 spitup rags, 6 bibs (sometimes I go through that many spitup rags and bibs to one visit to the store). A few toys if we go out to eat, wipes, her diaper changing mat. I would suggest either a book bag or a big diaper bag. When they get older (and I hope you do not have one with really bad acid reflux like mine) you do not need to carry as much.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:19 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I'd try to get one for each of them just to keep it simple and if you ran out of diapers from one you'd still have back up... diapers, clothes, wipes and food if your not breast feeding.. thats the basics.. you'll probably want blankets and bibs and burping cloths and all that jazz too and i'm sure there are really big diaper bags you could find.. or back pack works the same and could probably hold everything
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 11:41 PM on Nov. 21, 2009