Bowling

I just found out I am 3 to 4 weeks pregnant. I bowl every monday night, I just wanted to know if it is ok to bowl still or I shouldn't do it? I have had a previous misscarrage but 2 years later a normal pregnancy.

randilinn

Asked by randilinn at 8:00 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if you have a history of miscariages, i think you shouldnt. then again you should ask a doctor.
    Anonymous

• I think it's fine just do the granny push. lol
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 8:06 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• i went bowling once (late 1st trimester) and really messed myself up. i have contractoins for about 1 1/2 hours.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 8:23 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I was doing kickboxing when I found out that I was pregnant. I decided to quit (for other reasons) but my doctor said that if you have been doing it for a while and its like routine or whatever your body is used to it so it's totally fine.

I'd say go for it. You bowl every Monday..your body is used to this stuff :) No worries.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 8:47 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I bowled through my first pregnancy, and did GREAT! I was much more limber. lol just really awkward closer to the end.
    Anonymous

• I think if it's something you are used to doing, it's not a big deal, and it's actually good to be physically active to a point. Check with your dr to make sure it's ok, but I wouldn't think it would be a problem to lift a bowling ball.
    How much does your ball weigh - like 7 or 8 pounds? I carried around a 24 pound toddler while I was pregnant with my second daughter, and no one blinked, lol.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 11:31 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• You should be just fine, your body will tell you when you need to stop doing it. I worked out/weight lifted up until 8 months when my body let me know that I needed to stop. I was starting to get braton hicks more frequently, so I stopped, and they stopped (as much).
    Anonymous

• raybird1031 my ball is 13lbs....
    Thanks everybody for all your great answers!!!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 5:02 PM on Nov. 22, 2009