my 8 year old still wets the bed please help!

momofdddd

Asked by momofdddd at 8:01 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• First, does he have any health issues? Like maybe a bladder problems? If you don't know for sure, I would take him to the doctor to see to be sure. If not, I would try having him stop drinking anything but water after 4pm, and no water after a couple hours before his bed time. Be sure he to watch his intake of liquids. Maybe he is drinking to much. I don't know if that will help you, but that's what my parents did for my brother when he was younger and it worked for him.

Desirae17

Answer by Desirae17 at 10:15 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Take her to the doctor and find out if there is a physical issue going on. She could have a small or overactive bladder, she could have an infection, she just may not have a fully developed bladder yet. Have her wear a pullup overnight to help keep her bed dry.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:34 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• my almost 7 year old son still does... his dad did it till he was around 11 i think.. for boys i have heard that it is very common. ds wears a pull up at night.. we have tried with holding water before bed, waking him up to go.. nothing works..
    i would talk to your doctor just to make sure nothing is medically wrong but more than likely it is just something he will grow out of
    sherwins.girl

Answer by sherwins.girl at 4:56 PM on Nov. 23, 2009