maybe someone can help

I posted on here last week that my friend was looking for her birth mother. All she knew is the hospital she was born in but last night her mom who adopted her gave her some papers that has the mothers name on it and my friends real birth name. Does anyone know if there are any free online sites that we can go to to try to find her? Maybe she is looking for her too. My friend had always been told she was hawaiian (spelling?) because she was born in a hospital there but her papers say porturico (spelling?) so she really would like to know who/what she is as far as race.

heavenlypeace

Asked by heavenlypeace at 8:02 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Adoption

• There are "search angels" online that many have used to help them. Google adoption "search angels". The one I used was free and helped me quickly. I had more info, but they are wonderful. I wish her the best of luck and please let us know :)
    stillamom1213

Answer by stillamom1213 at 8:11 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I don't know much but I have heard people using facebook to find lost family members so maybe it would lead somewhere. Good Luck!
    lilsweetpea708

Answer by lilsweetpea708 at 10:19 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• It's Puerto Rico - and that's the country... I'm guessing her mom is Puerto Rican?

rainfalls

Answer by rainfalls at 11:21 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Try vsn.org. They cannot complete a search- beginning to end, but with the info she has (name, age) they may be able to help. Google that name, too.

I'll post again with some other helps, resources.
    adopteeme

Answer by adopteeme at 7:21 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Searching with a name
    Shea's Search Series. I have a name! Uh, now what? .....
    www.plumsite.com/shea/name.html
    adopteeme

Answer by adopteeme at 7:27 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Try this one too.

http://stevemorse.org/birthday/birthday2.html
    adopteeme

Answer by adopteeme at 7:31 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Try posting on genealogy sites under that surname and state. I have a wonderful link to website for 'legwork' on genealogy... Searchers are listed by state, county, and what they are willing to do for lookups. They are 'free' only charging for copy fees, photo costs and postage.
    Only problem is they clearly state NO adoption searches so you cannot say the "A" word-- you're just doing genealogy WINK
    i'd be glad to share the link in PM
    adopteeme

Answer by adopteeme at 7:41 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• try www.pipl.com
    Anonymous

• thanks everyone I will try these sites and give an update if we find anything.
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 9:01 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• BINGO!!!!!
    Just found on facebook- Adoption Circle of Hawaii! check that out :) hope that it will be able to help your friend!
    stillamom1213

Answer by stillamom1213 at 10:23 AM on Nov. 23, 2009