when to have the next baby?

we have a son who will be 1 year old in december and we know that we want one more but are not sure how to space it any recomendations

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 8:06 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• JMO. Have them close together.

Answer by louise2 at 8:10 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Mine are 5 years apart and it's working great.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:11 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• my son just turned a year old a few days ago...and I MIGHT be preggo again! I haven't missed my period yet...but I just have a weird feeling.

just discuss it with your hubby and find out what you two think would be best for you!
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 8:16 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I too am torn. We'd like 2 kids, we already have an 8 month old. Part of me wants to enjoy just watching her grow and get her into school and then have another when she's 5 or 6 but then I think, "Do I really want to deal with the sleepless nights all over again?" I kind of would rather have them close together so they're close to eachother and also so we can just get the "baby stuff" all out of the way at once. By that I mean diapers, formula, getting up to feed 3 or more times a night, etc.
    Anonymous

• Mine are all close together and I wouldn't have it any other way. It was tough at times but it is tough no matter how many little ones you have.
    Anonymous

• I want my kids spaced apart a bit. At least three years. That way, the older ones can take more care of themselves and not need me all the time. There's been research that says when their younger there's more of a chance of jealousy and bickering among the kids. And if you have your kids close together it's harder on your body.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 8:39 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Whether or not they get along is a matter of personality. I had a bf with siblings 6 years older and 6 years younger; his older sister hated him, but he got along great with his younger brother.

My dh and sister are a year apart but also have opposite personalities to go with that.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 9:02 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• My husband and I are planning on trying for our second when our son turns two. However it may take a while to conceive it may not. I can tell you I want our son to be potty trained and to be able to recite most of the alphabet. My husband doesn't want them to be more than three years a part, and get that completely.I agree with "happytexasCM" that is not age that helps children get along it is personality. I grew up with two older sister we're each three years apart (one three years older than me the other three years older than her) Growing up I got along better with the eldest now I get along better with the other. They both have always hated each other and still do.
    CadensMama117

Answer by CadensMama117 at 12:19 AM on Nov. 25, 2009