Do you celebrate Thanksgiving?

Why or Why not?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 8:20 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Holidays

• yes thanksgiving has always been a huge holiday in my family! it's like a family reunion and we all chat, laugh and eat!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 8:27 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Yes we do... I guess because we always have. I could honestly take it or leave it - I have to work a Football game that day, so I never get a chance to host & cook. We go to my Step-mom's and hang with family we don't see to often. It's a good reason to get together and make a big fuss over food we don't eat that often. So I guess it's a good thing that we do celebrate it ;o).

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 8:57 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Yes, but I think it's bc we have been doing it forever...
    To me its a time for family gatherings and lots of eats...
    There is no other meaning to the day to me than that... family and lots of eats...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:19 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Yes, because it is almost as big a holday as Christmas in my family. It is a time when my family comes together.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 9:50 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Yes I always have as a child but its a day to be thankful for what I have. I try to be thankful other days too...LOL But I guess for me its a reflexion day top be with the family:)
    Anonymous

• Yes we celebrate. For us it's a time when the whole family can get together. This year my little family is going to do something a little new. We are going to write down what we are thankful for this year and I'm going ot put it into a small shoebox that I have and then put it up for the rest of the year then next Thanksgiving we're going to pull the box back out look at what we were thankful for this year and then write new ones to put into the box. I think it'll be something fun to do instead of just eat.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 10:30 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I always thought that Thanksgiving was the one holiday that all Americans of every faith and race celebrated together. I mean if you think about it everyone can find a reason not to celebrate other major holidays. Valentines a lot of people don't celebrate because they think it is too commercial or aren't in love. Easter, Christmas are religious holidays. Most people aren't Irish so that takes out St Patrick's Day. July 4th lots of people aren't patriotic.. Halloween some people think is Satanic or something. Mother's/ Fathers Day a lot of people have parents that are estranged or deceased but Thanksgiving..really what can people can complain about? Its a day to be thankful for what you have which is something we should all have in common.
    Anonymous

• Yes, we have the traditional family dinner every year. It is great to see the whole family together. Which doesn't happen often with job schedules.
    pheob

Answer by pheob at 7:09 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• yes we celebrate Thanksgiving but on a small scale since there is just the 3 of us.
    Alieda

Answer by Alieda at 8:16 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I do not celebrate Thanksgiving! I feel it's a horrid thing to commemorate the death of the native nations... So, my family has dinner - I stay home and make an offering in memory of the Native cultures destroyed by the first Americans.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:54 PM on Nov. 22, 2009