my hubby & i are over weight. we are trying to eat healthy for our kids, but we lack the motivation to excercise. any suggestions?

we live in washington, so it rains alot. we need some family fun.

tianna760

Asked by tianna760 at 5:56 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Health

• Work out together and make a game of it. Keep i kind of competetive and fun. My hubby and I were working out together before I got pregnant and it was fun.
    busybee914

Answer by busybee914 at 6:03 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Make a game out of changing your eating! Healthy eating is key! Food can be good and healthy!! I promise you it can be! Take a walk with your family, like a nature walk and get your kids involved, make it into a scavenger hunt!
    Mother2oneboy

Answer by Mother2oneboy at 6:21 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Make it a fun family bonding activity. We always make it a fun thing that the kids get to earn by being good. If they are good in the morning then we can go walk the in the park in the afternoon. It works all angles. Me and DF get exercise, the family spends time together, and we get to be outside. It is so wonderful. Besides when its all over with the kids are exhausted and bed time is so much easier. As far as being over weight try Weight Watchers. My aunt is doing it and has been VERY successful with it because its a lifestyle change, not a diet.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 6:49 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• First and foremost, the biggest part of losing weight and being healthy is actually your eating habits rather than exercise. You can't always trust the information you get from personal trainers as their number one priority isn't you getting fit...it's you paying them to work with you (which is mostly for the exercise!). Fitness and losing weight is 80% diet, 10% genetics, and 10% exercise. As long as you can eat the right combinations of food, exercise is a moot point. I'm not saying don't exercise, but if you truly lack the motivation then I would first start with your eating habits first. Then you can move on to simple activities such as walking, rather than hitting the gym. If you want any other information feel free to contact me, nutrition and fitness are my passions <3
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 6:58 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Put some photos on your fridge, or computer wallpaper...photos of you when you were heavier, or thinner, something to remind you of what you want to look like, do not want to look like.

I also lost weight by cutting out night snacking and walking after dinner. No snacks after 7 PM.

MommytoNakoa

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 7:46 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I actually just answered this question for someone else so I will paste what I told them:
    I've lost 24 lbs since March 3rd. My husband came home with this book called the TNT Diet. I did a lot of research and it appears to be healthy. You can read more about it at www.menshealth.com/tnt. I hope this helps. I've struggled myself and this was pretty easy besides sugar withdrawl for a few days. You can actually eat a lot of food on this diet. It still amazes me that I've lost so much. I actually disagree that it's called a diet because it's really a change of lifestyle. Let me know if you decide to try it. :)
    punkypoo1988

Answer by punkypoo1988 at 12:48 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• There is a great site that I have joined last year and its really good for motivation. There are a lot of kind people there you get your own profile, weight loss ticker, you get log in points going toward trophies or gifts for yourself. www.sparkpeople.com its totally free, so check it out!
    Sexymom75

Answer by Sexymom75 at 10:47 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I know of a product that you can eat just before working out (chocolate mint, peanut butter etc.) and it helps you actually burn the FAT, not just the blood sugar you have available. And it tastes good! Some of the Olympic athletes eat this. Let me know if you want more info, you'll see better results with even just walking if you look into this.

We also have snacks that have proven to DECREASE your food cravings. You eat them, and they have a patented crave blockers. Check out my website http://saferisbetter.com/PamJM and request more info if you'd like to know about this.
    PamJM

Answer by PamJM at 4:52 PM on Aug. 18, 2008

• join the ymca
    swim
    turn the cable off
    eat dinner earlier and walk after
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:59 PM on Aug. 19, 2008

• Make working out at home a great option! That way there's no excuse not to fit it in- try using some regular home items instead of fancy exercise equipment (soup cans, kitchen chairs, etc) or even just blast some music and make your chores and cleaning into a more strenuous activity- such as lunging and really using your body fully to get things done. It helps! I even wrote a post about it on my Prevention Buzz Blog - http://buzz.prevention.com/community/emily09/when-you-break-up-with-your-gym Good Luck!
    healthygirl0913

Answer by healthygirl0913 at 4:15 PM on Sep. 14, 2008