1st bowel movement after birth

how long did it take u to have a bowel movement w/o worrying taht your stiches wouldnt fall of ? lol
ik they dont , but a lot of women think that lol

did you have hemorroids postpartum ? if you did , are they gone ?

happymom1988

Asked by happymom1988 at 8:21 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• Don't remember how long after but do remember it hurt like h*ll. Yes to the hemorroids, they eventually go away.
    Anonymous

• no on the hems

but i know i waited a long time before being brave enough to take the poop

and yes it hurt
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:29 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• It hurts, but if you use that peri-bottle the hospital gives you, it makes the pain less intense (use warm water). Honesty, the THOUGHT of doing it is worse than actually doing it!! Also use a stoll softener, so you don't have to strain.

I think I waited a few days after giving birth. I had an episiotomy too.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:38 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• my lil one is almost 18months and it still hurts to pass a bowl. i use the bottle tthey gave me and put warm water in it, it realy helps, also pull a stool or something up and put ur feet up on it
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:41 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• take a stool softener, drink lots of juice and water, and use the peri bottle with warm water.
    Anonymous

• STOOL SOFTENER!!! There truly was nothing better. I took it for about a week to 2 and I never had a hard or painful time going. Now peeing hurt like all get out and sitting to go was not fun either.  I used a sitz bath to help with some of the pain and sat on my boppy often.

Anonymous