how did you girls get baby to sleep in their own cribs?

just curious

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You have to start early on. We had our baby sleep with us "co-sleep" until she was around 3-4 months and then hubby started the transition of putting her in her crib to sleep and we also put her in her crib to nap. She cried at times and we would go in her nursery and rock her and cuddle her and she would fall right to sleep. If it was up to me I would have kept her in our bedroom to sleep, but I'm glad that my husband started the transition it does make it easier and now she loves to nap and sleep in her crib.

geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 8:38 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I dont.
    My 16 month old still sleeps with mommy. She can move to her own bed whenver she decides she is ready... like my other two.
    wendy46121

Answer by wendy46121 at 8:51 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• We are just starting to put our son in his own bed he is 4 months old and we fed him rock him to sleep then lay him in his own bed and if he wakes up we fed him rock him and back to his bed. I read today though that if you rock a baby asleep when he wakes up in the night you will have to rock him alseep then too, where as if you lay him in his bed and sit by his bed to stay with him til he falls asleep when he waked in the night he will learn and be able to put himself back to sleep. I am going to start trying that.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 9:11 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I set up my dd's crib next to my bed (when she was 5.5 months old). I laid her in the crib for all of her naps, and allowed her to sleep with me at night. Gradually, I started putting her in the crib at bedtime too. It wasn't until she was about 8 months old that I moved out of the bedroom (I live in a one-bedroom apt, so I gave up my bedroom to the baby, and I sleep in the livingroom).

It takes a lot of patience, but it's worth it. I never did sleep well while co-sleeping with my baby.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:08 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Never owned one. My babies slept with me.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:50 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• At 7 weeks she was in her bassinet one night and the next night she was in her crib. We had no problems.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:20 PM on Nov. 21, 2009