people in Iraq :(

DO YOU FEEL LIKE THE SOLDIERS TAHT WERE SENT TO IRAQ OR DA ARE ALREADY THERE , ARE THERE POINTLESSLY ?

BECAUSE TO ME THEY'RE BEING SACRIFICE WITH NO POSITIVE OUTCOMES !

I KNOW , TAHT MOST OF THEM DECIDED TO JOINED THE ARMY SO THEY COULD FIGHT FOR THEIR COUNTRY , BUT THINGS HAVENT CHANGE IN A GOOD WAY , LOTS OF THEM ARE DYING AND THEIR DEATHS HAVENT MADE THINGS BETTER (WHAT I MEAN , IS TAHT TEH NUMBERS OF DEATH SOLDIERS DOESNT SEEM TO HAVE AN IMPACT FOR THE PRESIDENT TO CALL OFF THE WAR ) INSTEAD THERE'S MORE BEING SENT THERE .

A LOT OF FAMILIES W/O MOMMIES/DADDIES TO SEE THEIR KIDS GROW !

AND I JUST DONT THINK IS FAIR , NOR FOR TEHIR FAMILIES NEITHER FOR THEMSELVES !

WAHT DO YOU THINK ?

IS IT FAIR ?

D O THE SOLDIERS MAKE A GOOD DECISION BY DECIDING TO GO ?
I KNOW A LOT OF THEM HAVE TO GO , BUT NOT BECAUSE THEY CHOSE TO !

happymom1988

Asked by happymom1988 at 8:46 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• My husband is a US Army soldier. He is in Afghanistan. In his opinion, the only reason for war is to make money. Contractors bank some serious cash. The active duty soldiers, not so much. We are the worlds baby-sitter. I don't think we need to be in Iraq. A lot of people feel the same. The military went, did their job, and now it's time for Iraq to take care of Iraq.
    People join the military for many reasons. My husband was an instructor, and many soldiers joined because they couldn't make it financially as a civilian.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:52 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• My husband just got back from Iraq. ...are they their pointlessly?? well, i think that depends on what area of Iraq they are in. There are some places that have drastically improved. There are other places that have only gotten worse.

But war isn't about what is right. How does it make any sense at all to kill people to show people that killing people isn't okay? War is about money (as Raine said). Or oil. Or personal grudges of many many other things. I do not believe we need to be in Iraq, nor do i believe we EVER needed to be in Iraq.

But i still stand behind the troops.

Is it fair?? ...**shrugs** well, is life fair? Not really. I hated him being in Iraq. But at least we have enough money to pay the bills and then some.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:00 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• My husband is part of an advise and assist brigade currently in Iraq, active duty army. They are working side by side with the iraqi army teaching them how to do everything we are doing for them so they can successfully do it on their own. My husband said they have been great to work with, and are really good at what they do. Do I feel like he is there for no reason, not at all he is helping rebuild Iraq. I think actually the number of death's in Iraq has most certianly dropped since 9/11. Do I think all of a sudden the president is going to stop the war, no he couldnt' just pull everyone out all of a sudden all at once it would be chaos. I think things are going in that direction in Iraq though. And I am so proud of my husband and everyone over their sacraficing so much to do it.
    82ndairbornewif

Answer by 82ndairbornewif at 12:50 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• my dh is in the marines, he has been iraq twice he knows his job is to go to iraq. and he doesnt mind, he knows he has to risk getting kill and it sucks but is his job.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:44 AM on Nov. 22, 2009