Only 4oz ?

okay so the doctor tells me only 4oz of juice a day which is fine but what am i gonna sub-post to give him the rest of the day ? other then milk and water cause the same thing all day everyday gets tiring

TeenMom711

Asked by TeenMom711 at 9:13 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I dilute my sons juice, mostly water and a dash of juice for the flavoring.
    Anonymous

• oh and is propel water okay for babys ? or any favored ones my dad says no but i dont trust what he says lol
    TeenMom711

Answer by TeenMom711 at 9:16 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• water and milk.

kids can drink water andnot get bored by it. if you push the bored thing, then he'll whine and cry and you'll regret even mentioning another option.

Anonymous

• he been drinking water since he was a baby but now he doesnt want it he pushes it away n i wont give him nothing til he drink it but i feel bad cause he wont drink all day plus hes just 1 so its not like he tells me what he wants
    TeenMom711

Answer by TeenMom711 at 9:19 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I dilute my son's juice too, although I don't give him juice very often. When I do, its about 1/4 juice and the rest water. Water may seem boring, but its good to get them used to it!
    PrincessRSX03

Answer by PrincessRSX03 at 9:19 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I don't know about the propel water because I don't drink it but I wouldn't give that to my son at that age. My son always liked when I put real pieces of fruit in his diluted juice, he still likes that actually. I did that to get him used to liking to drink mostly water. You could try doing that if you think your son would like flavored water better. Just cut small pieces of fruit like cherries, oranges, lemons, limes, take the peel off, or whatever fruit your son likes and put it in the water. My son always liked to drink it all because then I'd let him eat the fruit at the bottom lol.
    Anonymous

• Just water. Cow's milk is for baby cows. Kids are only supposed to have 2 servings milk products a day max and they don't need any. There are so many things kids like that have milk in them that drinking milk would be just too much. There are many reasons not to drink milk and no compelling reasons to drink it.

Propel has artificial sweeteners in it. Not good for kids.

People are supposed to drink water, it's not tiring!
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:38 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• We couldn't afford juice and I just started giving my boys water all the time. Now they come up to me and ask for water! In fact, my older son often chooses water over juice! They'll adjust.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:44 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• add ice to the water. . . my son hated drinking water but I added ice to his sippy on a walk in the middle of summer and now he askes for ice cubes in his water all the time
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 10:43 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Water is good for you. Drink lots of it. You don't need "fun" drinks. Water is for life.
    Anonymous