? for those that have quit smoking

How long after you quit smoking did you stop craving it. I quit smoking a month ago and I still find myself wanting one. There are days when the craving is so strong that I want to start up again.

sammiesmom2000

Asked by sammiesmom2000 at 9:15 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Health

• Never! It's been 2 years and I still want one -- especially when drinking, so I don't normally drink or I'll smoke one!

My grandpa has quit for over 40 years and he still craves them at times!

It does get better after 2-3 months, though. Hang in there!

Congrats on quitting!
    Anonymous

• I quit smoking for almost 10 months now. I still have the urge to smoke all the time. It never goes away, it's something you struggle with daily, especially in stressful situations! Congrats with quitting! Good Luck
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 9:56 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Its been 10 years for me and I don't think about it really. Sometimes I have a dream that I'm smoking and I'm so disappointed in myself. I wake up so happy it was just a dream. The smell makes me nauseous now, although ever now and then, if I see someone really enjoying a cigarette I'll watch them smoke. I probably creep them out. Little things that helped me in the beginning: lollipops, ice-pops, carrot/celery sticks, jigsaw puzzles(kept me distracted) and those chinese meditating balls. GL and remember quiting smoking is telling yourself No a million times.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 10:11 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• It's been 4 years and I still have the occasional craving.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Nov. 22, 2009