Uterine polyps

how normal is it to have them? How likely is it for a more serious condition to come about? I have to go to gyn, I have either polyps, pre-cancer, or cancer, according to my doc. My nana had uterine cancer, so I would prefer for them to take mine out, then do a biopsy. But, I read that with polyps, you have worse periods. I haven't had one for over 8 months. At all. Anyone else have anything like this? Did it turn out ok?

Raine2001

Asked by Raine2001 at 9:21 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Health

• I had uterine polyps that we discovered when I was having fertility trouble. I had a lot of spotting between each of my periods and severe cramps. I had the polyps removed and it helps a lot. My doctor said that most women with polyps have no symptoms at all and that they do not have to be removed unless you are trying to get pregnant.

With a history of uterine cancer in your family, however, I would demand a biopsy. I felt much better after my polyps were gone.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:15 PM on Nov. 21, 2009