Anyone tried 5 Hour Energy?

Did it work? Did you like it? Any weird side effects?

Kimposible

Asked by Kimposible at 9:24 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I haven't, but DH has and he says it tastes awful but it does work, however it made him crash once it wore off. I should try that stuff lol.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 9:33 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• It does taste nasty. I drank it one morning and cleaned my entire house. I don't remember crashing at all after tho. I always keep one in my purse for those just in case days.
    aeemom

Answer by aeemom at 9:44 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• well thats a good question b/c ive been wondering myself!
    snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 10:14 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• here is what I found:
    http://www.pain4glory.com/5-hour-energy-drink/
    http://www1.epinions.com/review/Chaser_5_Hour_Energy_5_Hour_Energy_Berry_Flavor_6_ea/content_466908778116

Personally I have never tried it, nor would I. Assuming the caffine amount is the same as coffee, why not just drink the coffee? I have a huge concern about the massive amounts of the B vitamins. Vitamins are good for your body in the correct amounts. Taking to much of anything is dangerous.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 10:42 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I've drank it a couple times and if you get the right flavor it doesn't taste to bad. It worked for me, gave me energy when I was tired without the drop when it wore off. My fiancee drinks them alot at work, he works long hours and it helps him stay awake and energized (course he usually drinks more than one a day)
    Angyll24

Answer by Angyll24 at 1:28 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I have had it a few times , And it does taste like a really strong vitamin taste but it does work . Make sure you eat something though because I didnt one time and got a sick stomach
    sarbreen28

Answer by sarbreen28 at 11:48 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I have drank a few. Grossest tasting things ever. I do have energy but not bounding amounts of it. And I did have a 10 minute period where I was really hot and flushed looking.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 5:20 PM on Nov. 22, 2009