Is it okay to create a DOLL in the "likeness" of Jesus? Do you think this is indoctrination, or disrespectful at all to Jesus? Would you buy a toy like this for your children?

I was in the grocery store yesterday, and noticed a Jesus doll. He spoke when you pressed a button and he quoted verses from the bible, and he also said things like "I am Jesus, son of God."

yasabree

Asked by yasabree at 9:43 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't see it as any different than the dipictions in statues or ceramics or paintings or children's books or Tshirts or whatever else.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 9:48 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I would have no problem with it, but then again "Jesus" as he is pictured is not what Jesus looked like
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 9:56 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I'd much prefer my children play with a Jesus doll than a Bratz doll. Enough said!!!
    Anonymous

• since it'd probably be made to look caucasian, what would it matter? and no, I wouldn't buy that for my kids, and if someone else did, it'd be indoctrination.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 10:27 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• honestly, all paintings and such of Jesus kinda irritate me. Not because I'm not Christian but because i find it disrespectful to Him to display Him as something He was not. Jesus was not white with blue eyes and light brown hair. He was NOT European. And if the Europeans hadn't slaughtered, raped, and destroyed all in the name of this white skinned blue eyed "Jesus" it probably wouldn't bother me.
    Anonymous

• As long as he doesn't hook up with Barbie...
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 1:04 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• nope i would not get it that is a false idol and Jesus takes about this in the bible...
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 2:32 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• You all need to read Max Lucados books. I HOPE Jesus looked normal. I hope it because then he could understand all the crap that people who look normal, have pimples and scars and stuff deal with daily. I would buy the doll, but I am not sure how I would introduce it. I am not sure I like the talking part of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Answered at 10:08 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 by: Anonymous
    I'd much prefer my children play with a Jesus doll than a Bratz doll. Enough said!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------

For real! I would be like "Here Jesus is wearing clothing that covers his booty."
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 3:02 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• what I mean by my comment about the doll looking caucasian is that it wouldn't be an accurate depiction anyway.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 1:12 PM on Nov. 22, 2009