Do you want a mother's ring or already have one? (A spinoff of the Birthstone question.)

I always thought I did, but then my son was born in July and my daughter was born in May. So a ring with their birthstones would be like a Christmas ring.

My sister and I are Pink zircon or opal and a Peridot for August. I have always wanted to get her an opal and peridot ring. They don't make family jewelry with opals.

I had a friend whose mother had a baby die soon after birth and she didn't want any family jewelry because she never wanted to have to explain the third stone or have it omitted.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• I do. The months are November, March and October.
    Anonymous

• I do want one but I want one with all of my kids births and we are not done having kids yet.....so I'll wait.
    me-n-mygirls

Answer by me-n-mygirls at 10:17 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• No. Both of my kids were born in June, so my mother's ring would be boring and very, very expensive (Alexandrites).
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:39 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I have a Mother's Ring. My son is January and My daughter is September which is also my birthstone. I LOVE My ring and it has my kids names on it as well.
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 10:40 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I do but will never buy myself one, if the kids or hubby gave me one I would be thrilled
    Anonymous